Healthcare Open Enrollment
Many have asked about Healthcare Open Enrollment. Although all of the information is still not fully released, below is what you can expect thus far.
- Open Enrollment starts November 1st and continues through January 31st. If you want or need to change your policy by January 1st, we MUST do so by December 15th.
- Land of Lincoln closed as of 10/1/16. A special election period has been opened up for those that were affected by their closing. During this time you can enroll in a new plan.
- UHC and Harken Health will no longer offer individual plans as of 12/31/16. Anyone affected by this change will need to enroll in a new plan by December 15th.
- Out of Pocket Maximums have increased from $6850 to $7150 (the out of pocket max varies per plan. The maximum allowed on ANY plan is $7150).
- At this point, the remaining carriers are Blue Cross Blue Shield, Health Alliance, Am Better, and Cigna.
- Plans purchased before 2014 are still being extended through 2017.
- If you are happy with your plan you do not need to do anything.
- *If you are receiving a subsidy (aka assistance) I strongly recommend that you verify the income information that was originally reported. You may actually qualify for additional assistance!
- *Any changes/new enrollment done by December 15th will take effect January 1st. Any changes/new enrollment done after December 15th will take effect February 1st.
- Carriers have opted to remove or reduce the commissions paid to agents. This will force me to charge a fee for the coming year. I am still working out the details of what that fee will be and will update you accordingly.